Sunday, August 23, 2015

January 2015

January....not a lot of pictures for this month....I guess I got burned out on picture taking after New Year's Eve;)....sparse pictures, but still a good month. I did a health challenge with some friends that started at the beginning of January (Feel Great in 8 (weeks)). So in some ways, it was a long month because of that...I was trying to get perfect points and win, which I did....but by the end I was totally burned out on it, and ended up gaining back any weight I had lost doing it. Needless to say, my usual lifestyle of health is better for me than something like that. I hate feeling to restricted by anyone/anything other than myself!

Ok....onto the month....

Happy Birthday Sam! I successfully made a good Texas Sheet Cake this year! Love that man I am lucky to call mine!

This little stud is so handsome in his Sunday digs:)
 Our Bishop arranged a visit for anyone in our ward that wanted to, to a church in downtown/old-town Philly that Joseph Smith preached at back in the day. It was filled beyond capacity at the time. Now it is used for a Jewish Congregation, but they were happy to host us to check it out, and see a piece of LDS history. Pretty cool to be see a place where Joseph Smith preached in Philadelphia!



 And a quick stop to see the progress of the temple on our way home...coming along!

 This is how we have to make up for not living in Utah with access to Sam's family's horses....he makes a pretty good horse:)

 And stickers are always worth some entertainment when it's cold and miserable outside....


 Sam has been having fun in his "shop" (a.k.a. our garage)...making pens, and teaching Ben how to make pens. Ben LOVES LOVES LOVES spending time with Dad doing anything in the garage. And I think Sam might love it just as much!


 One of James' favorite perches these days....
 Family ice-skating outing....it was too short due to scheduling at the ice-rink, but the kids had fun, and are excited about going again sometime.






 And super fun date for us! Visited a rock-climbing gym and went out to eat for Indian food....my favorite! Love my fun and adventurous guy!

 Random entertainment in the lobby at church...
Other than that, January is just full of the usual school, practicing, working, orchestra, teaching, swimming lessons, violin lessons, fulfilling callings, etc., etc.

No comments: