February: I decided it was time to get everyone helping out more around the house. I don't particularly like being the only one trying to keep the house clean...so everybody helps now! I re-vamped our job board and we've got a pretty good system going, that results in beautiful moments like these:
And it's not very hard to get kids to help in the kitchen when it's cookie-making time:) as long as they get to lick something right?
This is what a kitchen should look like after every meal....everyone helping, and noone fighting or whining about having to do their job....too bad this picture doesn't represent the majority of the time at our house....but it's something worth striving for, for us!
He says "Happy Valentine's Day!"
And these kids couldn't be happier about Valentine's Day...it means SUGAR!!! And why is that? I really tried to minimize the sugar for our Valentine's day, esp. since I was doing my health challenge. I found this recipe for the most amazing and delicious "healthy" sugar cookies. They are maple sugar cookies or something...but so good! I will never make regular sugar cookies again...these are way yummier in my book.
When you don't have a hill in your backyard, or even near enough your house to walk to, you just build your own! It wasn't huge, but it wasn't enough for some entertainment, and some great exercise for me building it!
Ben turned 4! And there was no better present we could have gotten this boy than Superman PJs! And I accidentally ordered size 6 - so the benefit is that he can wear them happily for 3 years!
We got a train-table for free and I scoured some train-tracks from the Thrift-stores, and some lincoln-logs...
...and Grandma Clair and Grandpop sent these cool marbles...entertainment in the basement is complete!
And she completed his Spider-man costume with a glove that even makes spider-web-shooting noises!
He wanted a nerd-cake for his birthday. He is so happy when he is getting attention!
And grandma Clair sent fun bubble-bath stuff....huge hit!
We hosted Babysitting Swap the day before his actual birthday, so we called it his birthday party, and it was perfect! Happy as a clam:)
More Joy School fun at our house:)
The Elders Quorum in our ward challenged the Relief Society to a Pinewood Derby. It was awesome! The Activity Day's Girls provided babysitting. And the competition was on....my car (the carrot) didn't win overall, but the Relief Society did!

Brothers in their towels at the hotel room on a temple trip. They LOVE being just like daddy.







No comments:
Post a Comment