Sunday, August 23, 2015

April 2015

April...Spring Break! Fun week, but kind of a bummer that Sam has to work over Spring Break, so we can't really go anywhere cool. But we managed to have fun... took the kids to a bounce-house....they LOVED it. LucyMae and Ben had been previously for birthday parties, but Samantha had been so sad that she had never been....so this was a big day for her!

James had fun on the little slides....
and the big slides...




Fun group of friends we met up with there...LucyMae's friends (Brynn and Kyla) from school.


Easter treats: yummy dyed eggs, not-so-healthy cupcakes, and more yummy maple sugar cookies. I've also started a tradition of making homemade reeses' peanut butter eggs for Easter...not one bit healthy...but OH SO YUMMY! And I usually try to do some chocolate covered strawberries...but they didn't get pictured either.


Our Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday after church seemed like a good time try outdoor potty-training on James.....why not? It totally didn't work, but it made for some funny pictures:)





I also really enjoyed staying completely away from the commercialization of Easter. We don't even pretend the Easter Bunny exists at our house. In my opinion, the Easter Bunny is DUMB! Whoever thought of that? Easter is about Christ and the Atonement and Resurrection! And that is ALL it needs to be about. So find ways to tie everything we do at Easter time to the Savior. No neighborhood/community Easter-egg hunts for us...I just think they're dumb. No presents in their baskets (I'd kind of like to do away with the whole basket thing altogether....), but it does give them a place to collect their painted and plastic eggs...which we find different ways to use as a way to direct our thoughts toward Christ. Anyway - I love Easter...because HE LIVES!

And then LucyMae had a school Color Run. She did awesome with Sam helping her along. She ran the whole way and was totally tough! She thought it was so cool that she passed so many kids that were walking or got to tired to keep running as fast as they were. She finished strong and was so proud of herself!









Zoo trip with the Payne family, who have the better membership that lets them ride on the rides when they come. But, they can get guests on too....so my kids were in heaven when they got to ride the merry-go-round...


and draft horses!



We did the annual "All About Me" books for Joy School....and I loved doing these silhouette pictures again. Well....loved might not be the best word. They are very time consuming and can be frustrating at times. But I always enjoy the outcome!

And Spring made it's very welcome presence felt with the beauty of the blossoms. The East Coast has so much to offer the eye in the Spring!
Fun family trail-run/bike-ride on Forbidden Drive.





And what would we do without the Chariot when we get to gnarly sections of the trail? I LOVE MY CHARIOT!!!! And so does James:)
Ben mastered the 2-wheeler with pedals this year! And he is getting the braking down nicely...he is a confident little bike-rider now!
Not quite ready for pedals yet....

This girls loves her some good bike-riding!
And so fun to see her finally gaining some confidence with her brakes!



Families that swing together....stay together....






























































































































No comments: