January and February so far....not the most interesting of months. We live in freaking South Dakota, and it is COLD here in the winter. Granted, this winter has not been NEARLY as bad and cold as last winter was, but it has been pretty cold. And as a result we haven't gotten out much. We have fun at home, but I sure don't get the camera out to record it as much as I should, so lucky you, there are NOT very many pictures to post right now:) We're just loving watching these two cute sisters grow up and learn to be friends. Sometimes they make me think I really will lose my sanity with three children ages two and under. But other times their cute relationship makes me think how much easier they are going to make it on me with a little baby. I know I probably will lose my sanity for a while...but, at least our kids are cute right?
January really was just most of the day-to-day. Sam "enjoyed" freezing his butt of at the Scout campout jamboree thing while I stayed home and froze with two crazy kids. I enjoyed a fabulous Saturday morning activity with the Young Women, eating yummy breakfast food, and then cooking LOTS of meals to freeze for people-when-in-need in our ward. We've enjoyed how most of the snow has actually fallen down from the sky this winter, rather than blowing at us sideways all the time. The cold has actually been bearable and quite beautiful at times.
We spent a lot of time looking for a minivan to buy during the month of January. And we actually found one!!! But, the best deal we could find was not to be had here in South Dakota. There's just not enough people here to sell enough cars to find a good enough deal for our needs. So Sam actually flew out to Utah at the end of the month to get the minivan we found, and drive it home. For the most part we are thoroughly pleased with our new Kia Sedona. It's a 2006, which is the newest car either of us has ever owned (even within our families growing up:), and it has low miles. BUT, the stupid "air bag" light came on when Sam was driving it home...arrgghh! That same light has been on in our Hyundai for the past few months...and we were excited to just sell it and let someone else deal with the headache of getting it fixed since we couldn't keep it anyway. But now we have to deal with the same stupid problem! CARS! They always seem to have some sort of headache to offer don't they? BUT, we are very grateful to have a car now that we will actually be able to fit our family of 5 in...with 3 car seats!
In early February we got to enjoy the PRCA rodeo that comes each year once again. We sure do like rodeos...especially LucyMae. It was a good time! And for Valentine's Day, since neither Sam or I really care much for the silly holiday, and since we figured it would be smarter of us not to spend money we don't have on a babysitter and dinner, we decided to make it more of a family day. We had fun making Valentine's cards for all of the girls' aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents. And then we made some cards for each other, made some heart-shaped cakes, Sam got the girls heart-shaped balloons (which was pretty much LucyMae's biggest dream-come-true), and we talked about LOVE a lot! It was a great way to spend the holiday of love. Sam did get me some beautiful flowers too:) Love that wonderful man!
Now we are just waiting on this baby boy to join our crazy little family. He is scheduled to arrive via c-section on Feb. 25 at 8:00am....UNLESS he wonderfully decides to try to come earlier. My doctor will let me do a VBAC IF my body goes into labor on its own early and goes quickly enough (whatever that means....). We'll just have to wait and see what happens. But whenever and however he comes, we just pray that both mom and baby will be healthy!!! I've spent many an hour lately getting ready for this little bundle of joy...clothes are washed, bedding and car-seats and swings are washed and ready, diapers are bought, etc., etc. I just hope I'm not forgetting anything. And if I have to have the c-section, I just hope I can survive the 6 weeks of recovery...I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs. for 6 weeks....we'll see how that goes with a 2-year-old and 1-year-old in the house and a husband at work all day....hmmm...not quite sure about that one.
Well, that pretty much sums up our lives lately. Next post you see from these Evans' will be a baby announcement:)
6 comments:
February 25 is a great day for a birthday! At least Steve and I both think so. I can't wait to see pics of the cute little guy. You girls are so cute. Sorry we missed you when you were here, we were all sick and did not want to pass germs around. good luck
This post makes me miss you! I don't know why but we really need to connect tomorrow on the phone so try several times...please!! Anyways, I can't wait to see pictures of the little baby boy. I hope all goes well and I so wish I could be near you and help you with your kiddos. Love ya, Laura
Sounds like you guys are having some nice relaxing days at home getting ready for the baby and having fun together. :) I will have to check out some of those books you recommended too!
Good Luck!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy!!! Your girls are so adorable I'm sure he'll fit right in!
Gorgeous pictures. What adorable children! One more makes it even more fun! Remind me why you are having a C-section again? I had four natural births after the C-section with Jonah. Do they just not let you go natural after a c-section or was there another reason for it? Yikes!
Still I've heard the second one's not nearly as bad as the first one! Hope that's true it if really happens. Good luck! That's going to be a really big challenge...but we know you're up to it! Saydi's due on March 16th but she's thinking March 10th because she's always early. I'm hoping not because we're going to be in Canada with Chris and Hedy doing stuff for the mission. We'll keep you posted and you keep us posted! It will be fun to see these two grow up together!
I must admit I'm glad I live in Memphis right now and not Freaking South Dakots. I hate the cold!!
Post a Comment