Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fall and Fun

This post is mostly just pictures....so enjoy!


LucyMae in her awesome glasses (we were at a friends house for play group actually). She LOVES playing with new toys that other people have!

This is DELICIOUS! It is a baked acorn squash filled with apples, pears, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. YUMMY!!

We absolutely LOVED having a visit from Sam's parents and sister, Hannah. Although it was short, we thoroughly enjoyed having them here. We went to a little pumpkin patch in the neighborhood. LucyMae LOVED all the pumpkins and looked adorable in her coat and hat!


Hannah is such a fun little friend/babysitter for LucyMae





She was quite attached to her OWN little pumpkin too.



She really did try to lift that pumpkin...she is pretty determined

One of the strangest looking pumpkins I've ever seen.

She really liked all the straw too


And they got to go on a little tractor ride...if you can call it that.

I was actually pretty miserably sick with some sort of flu the first day or two they were here. So, Sam did a little of the showing around the town without me while I rested at home.

This is called "Art Alley". It has been designated as such by the city, so it's not graffiti...it's art...and it's actually really cool.



Hannah getting a little tour of all the statues displayed downtown.

After a day of Sam's family taking LucyMae to play with her (swimming at the hotel and stuff) I got to feeling a lot better. It was SO WONDERFUL to just be able to rest and sleep when I was that sick and not feel bad that LucyMae was bored out of her mind. So...then we headed out to Mt. Rushmore.






Just some mountain goats in the parking lot at Mt. Rushmore...

And a DELICIOUS dinner at Alpine Inn in Hill City. We had such a great time Evans'! Thanks for coming!

And to gear up for Halloween we had a fun little pumpkin-carving party with the Howards from our ward...complete with The Nightmare Before Christmas. It was a blast, that even LucyMae enjoyed.

On Halloween night we didn't get to go trick-or-treating for a couple of reasons....it was the adult session of our Stake Conference, and LucyMae got the swine flu the day before. We didn't even get to take her to the trunk-or-treat at the church on Friday night, because that's when we were at the doctor with her and her fever. We did get her in her costume for some cute pictures on Halloween though. She seems quite happy because Motrin really does work!




Isn't she an adorable little lion?

And in the first weekend of November we took a trip to Denver for one last temple trip before this baby comes. Thank heavens we get to go again in March when we take a trip to Utah. It was fun to see Denver...niether of us has ever been there. We wouldn't mind living around there someday. I have an old friend from high school who is living there now, so we got to hang out with her family a little bit too. It was so fun to see her again...after 10+ years.

She was even so kind as to watch LucyMae for us while Sam and I attended a temple session together. And she got a babysitter that night so the adults could all go out to eat....Rachelle...thank you!!!


She and her husband have 2 adorable little girls....LucyMae actually did have fun with them...she just wasn't very happy when we were trying to get her to hug them goodbye.

And don't you love this little outfit on LucyMae...she's so stylin'!


And she LOVED riding on this hotel luggage carrier while "helping" daddy load up the car to go home.

Thoroughly entertained riding the bull at the local mall. She even puts one hand up....we might have a future 8 second champion on our hands. And NO we do not put money in these machines...she has no clue that is even an option...why ruin it for her...these toys are thoroughly entertaining the way they are to her!

And last, but not least, I have been baking bread like a mad-woman this past week. So far I have made 32 loaves, and I have about 25-30 more to go....who ever thought I wasn't domestic? ME! Well, apparently I am, and here is the proof! I decided to get our holiday treat/gift giving to neighbors and friends done before this baby comes, because I don't think I will very motivated or free to do it afterward.


Latest update on this pregnancy: we have one more ultrasound this Friday (Nov. 20th). If the placenta previa is still complete we will go ahead with our scheduled amniocentesis on Monday morning (the 23rd). If the baby's lungs are mature, I will have a c-section at noon that day....crazy huh? So, pending our little miracle we've been praying for, we might be a family of four on Monday, Nov. 23rd. I just hope I will be out of the hospital by Thanksgiving.....they say I should be...

We are so excited to meet this little girl. And frankly...I am quite excited to not be pregnant anymore for at least another year or two.....this pregnancy has been considerably more uncomfortable than LucyMae's was. Hopefully this baby will be as easy as LucyMae was though!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You have a cute lil' lion. Sorry she had the pig flu! And you can be a mommy again in a week or so, crazy! Can't wait to see the little one!

Robyn said...

Wow, I can't wait to see your new little one--LucyMae is the cutest little cutie ever. Good luck and let us know when you have the baby! That Art Gallery is awesome, and way to go on the bread.

Reeses Pieces said...

I love picture posts. I can't believe your Stake had conference on Halloween night. Silly! Cute little Lion you've got there!

Shantelle said...

I love your great posts! I am loving all the photos too. Your little girl is getting so grown up and still adorable. Best wishes on the delivery. We will be praying for you from this side. oxox

Jennifer said...

I love that warty pumpkin. Those are the coolest kind, I think, and that one really outdid itself. :) How fun to see those mountain goats too. I think they are beautiful. LucyMae looks adorable in those photos too and I am amazed by how big she looks already. I love the Halloween costume.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Thanks for the bread! You are too cute, and thoughtful! What a fun treat. Good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you guys. I can't wait to hear the news.

brittanimae said...

Fantastic pictures!! We have a lion costume for one-year-olds too. But it's not all velvety and stylin' like yours! Seriously, that is the best costume, and LucyMae is a stellar roarer!