So....just an update for everyone on this baby. We were quite sure we would be parents of 2 children around 12:30 today.....but after the amniocentesis test this morning the c-section has been postponed until next Monday, Nov. 30. Apparently her lungs are not mature enough yet, and she wants to cook in my oven a little longer....I would rather not have a baby in the NICU to be sure...but this whole pregnancy has definitely tried my faith...and it's not over yet! Somehow, I know this is making me a better, stronger person....I don't really know when I'll figure out how, but there's got to be something I can learn from all this.
Anyway...thank you for all your well wishes and prayers....keep them coming until next week I guess. The biggest inconvenience of all this is that Sam's mom came to help with everything...she got here Sat. night and was planning to be here for about a week and a half. She's missing Thanksgiving with her family at home and everything....and now what? Who knows? ARRGGHHH! So, anyway, we'll figure it out.... but good heavens little baby in my womb...you better be an angel of a child after this pregnancy! We love you and are excited to meet you....so finish cooking in there by next week please!
7 comments:
Well, they do say, the best things come to those who wait...hopefully that is true in this case as well. :)
At least LucyMae still has a little extra time to be the center of attention. :)
Arrr, how frustrating! We'll keep the prayers going upward for you Chels. Love you!
Sorry to hear that Chelsia....I am thinking about you and call me if you ever want to chat....Love ya, Laura
Well maybe now we'll be able to finish our conversation! Ha ha. Well, at least you know that she'll be healthier! Don't stress- it'll all be but a memory soon, and you'll be holding your sweet little girl in your arms. Worth it.
I'm happy and sad. I really do think that extra week will fatten that cherub up and give you less to worry about (slow suckers are awful for nursing) when she's born. But how stressful to have to be under the load of a complicated pregnancy for yet another week . . . that you weren't expecting! So sorry about Sam's mom--it sure brings back memories of your visit to meet Theo 8 (yes, 8!!) years ago.
Also, way to get right on that blogging! You rock!
chelsia... what a bummer! it sure takes you on an emotional ride huh? I am completely sure that clair understands :). the health of that baby comes first and foremost, and you of course. you do NOT want a NICU baby. trust it from one who had one for a week in there d/t underdeveloped lungs. did they give you the steroid shots to boost the development of the baby's lungs? that did wonders for thomas coming so early. his were ready and rearing to come home with me. good luck!
WOW Chelsia, we're all praying for you here. Tomorrow is D DAY! Can't wait to see that pizzazy little girl! GOOD LUCK! We love you!
Post a Comment