Friday, January 8, 2016

July 2015

July was actually a decently pleasant temperature for a bit. We had fun....
Fun at the park....



 Awesome 4th of July Fireworks shows (on July 3rd)


 Forbidden Drive trail...helping daddy train for his marathon and trying to keep mom in shape. These kids love riding their bikes along with us...and it was a great 4th of July day activity.


 Followed by a fun bbq at our friends house...I thought this was a pretty dessert I made:)


 More fireworks in our driveway...





 Kids being kids....they're so funny sometimes...
 Sam did a Spartan race in the Poconos. We camped the night before (but I failed to take any pictures of that). We got to just hang out in the heat for 5 hours while dad did his race. It was a VERY hot and sunny day. We got to ride the ski-lift at the resort where the race was, to the top....it was one of the best views I've had in a long time! It is so rare to get up on top of something and have a view out here....I NEED that! The kids loved it too!

 We were hoping to catch Sam at this point in the race to cheer him on, but we missed him....bummer!
 Trying to entertain themselves as doggies...

 More entertaining each other for 5 hours...

 Finally we found this rope that kids/anyone could try to climb...LucyMae did it multiple times, no problem...she's crazy strong! I think I made it up once, Ben might have once with a little help, and Samantha had quite a bit of help.
 And then finally he made it back! They had to go up and down the mountain like 3 times doing tons of different obstacles....it was crazy. A friend talked Sam into doing it with him, and then the friend bailed the day of, so Sam was on his own. But he did a great job!
 Fun at the Mann Center for Performing Arts. We love their children's series each summer...free concerts!

 And we LOVE Chick-fil-A's cow appreciation day! (I hit them up for lunch and dinner)
 Zoo fun....we tried to go about once/week.

 Samantha was carrying this notebook around the whole day trying to draw pictures of what she saw....




 And waterskiing fun with our friends that have a boat. But Sam and I generally have to take turns going out on the boat (it's too small for them, us and all our kids) .That's Sam water-skiing. And I wouldn't mind having a house up there...
 This lake had a nice area to hang out at least...



 The view of Philly from the Mann Center. Sam and I went on a date with the Paynes to see the Lord of the Rings movie, with music performed live by the Philadelphia Orchestra and Chorus.
 And LucyMae's friends from school invited us to their beach house for a super fun weekend...







 I love how much my kids are all loving the water.
 More concerts at the Mann fun...

 And a free concert that the Philadelphia Orchestra put on...that was a fun night as a family! So fun to be able to take the kids to this amazing hall!




 And saying goodbye to good friends (the Pages) before they moved away:(
Sure do miss this awesome family!




And I found more July pics from Sam's phone...

Here's a little Sunday afternoon walk




 Popsicles in the backyard...
 Trying out the free roller-blades we acquired from someone moving...



 Super fun date-night to the Lord of the Rings, with live music by Philadelphia Orchestra


 Fun and beauty on trip to the beach...
 






 Morning run beauty....enjoyed by Sam.
 Awesome free Philadelphia Orchestra Concert...




No comments: