Saturday, August 30, 2008

August Rush...2008

What can I say? She's freakin' adorable!
(slide-show at the bottom!)

So, we started the month out with our first annual Kevan & Michelle Eyre kids' Family Reunion. Although somewhat hectic to put together for the first time, this tradition is going to be AWESOME and something we all look forward to each summer. I got to be in charge of this first experimental reunion, and I had a pretty fun time putting it all together. Since my sister, Brittani, and her family live up in Saskatchewan, Canada right now, we decided to do the reunion up in Island Park, just outside of West Yellowstone. It was simply GORGEOUS!!! We rented a cabin for 3 nights...and the cabin was huge and perfect and beautiful and awesome. It had a hot-tub, plenty of beds, and was in such a gorgeous location.

We had a great time playing games together, eating (of course), canoeing on Henry's Fork of the Snake River, exploring Yellowstone, swimming in the nearby reservoir, and just plain hanging out! With 2 brand-new babies in tow, and Britt's young kids, there was much nap-time (esp. since none of them wanted to nap at the same time), and therefore much relaxation for all. We did do a fun, special evening with our version of a talent-show at this point (each small group got a roll of toilet paper for their only prop during a game of charades). It was rather amusing!

It was really nice and fun to enjoy time with Grandpa (Kevan - my dad) AND Grandma (Michelle - my mom)and her husband at different times...they each got to come for about half of the time. Although this situation is not ideal, it worked out surprisingly well. I hope that next year we will be able to do the reunion for maybe just one more day. This one was a little too short for me. I LOVE spending time with my family and everyone had a great time! YEAH for Family Reunions! Next year's will be in Rapid City, South Dakota since it is almost exactly the 1/2 way point between Salt Lake and Regina, Canada!


This was our AWESOME cabin...isn't it though?

Britt & Aaron & kids canoeing on Henry's Fork...
this was a tedious situation (4 kids rocking the boat)


I didn't have to row because I was holding LucyMae...thanks Howie!

Aren't we AWESOME?


Britt & Aaron's family presenting "Lehi's Dream" for Charades -
they were hilarious!

1st Annual Family Reunion (with Grandpa Kevan)
I can't believe how our family is growing!

Some beautiful falls in Yellowstone -
and a beautiful couple...

Check out these boots...WOW!! I just had to take a picture.

Our view while waiting for Old Faithful to go off...
What a crack!

5 of the 6 siblings...Britt, we missed you on this one!

More amazing falls in Yellowstone...

The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone...
if you haven't been there, you really should go!

You might not be able to tell...but that brown thing is a BEAR!!!

1st Annual Family Reunion (w/ Grandma Michelle and Don)

This is me...we all took our turn....see the slide-show

Sam...show-off

So, after the Family Reunion was over, and I got over my depression of it being over and Sam having to go back to work for 7 days of 10-hour shifts, I remembered that Sam got to take a day off in the middle of his work-week for his cousin, Rachel's, wedding. The wedding reception was the night before at the Lion House. There was some great dancing and fun. And the next day, Sam and I got to spend the whole day together at the wedding, the luncheon and just hanging out!

Sam and his brother, Joe, tearin' it up at the reception

I was trying to do "the Elaine" from Seinfeld

Our cute little family...aren't the flowers on Temple Square gorgeous?

Our 2-year anniversary was August 8th, and we went out for a nice dinner to the Oasis Cafe that night. And the next day was my 10-year High School reunion...WEIRD!! It was really fun to see so many people that I haven't seen in YEARS!! Everyone seems to be doing well and enjoying life. I have to give props to Sam for being such a good sport about going...it's got to be pretty lame to go to a high school reunion that isn't yours...thanks Sam! We had fun though. We also had a fun get-together with 2 of Sam's best friends from high school, while one of them was in town. I really like Sam's friends, and especially their wives! I am just so glad that we both get along so well with each other's friends...

A lot of the cute ladies from the Highland class of 1998

At Thanksgiving Point with Sam's buddies -
Adam Ashton and Ryan Brady and their families


The next week, when Sam had work off (he is working a 7 on/7 off schedule), we took our little anniversary get-away up to Snowbird. It was actually a really amazing deal - we got a room for one night which included a buffet breakfast the next morning and 2 all-day fun passes to the alpine slide, zip-line, mechanical bull, bungee-trampoline, climbing-wall, tram, and chair-lifts. We had a great time, even with LucyMae in tow...we just took turns on all the rides and stuff, and went on a fun little hike up to Cecret Lake.

Cecret Lake hike...we are getting good at setting up pictures...

Aren't the flowers amazing?

My cowboy...he actually got a pretty deep gash on his shin from this...

The top of Snowbird...I love the tram -
great heights and views with minimal effort!


Sam's brother, Andy, was babysitting at a house with a pool and invited us over for a swim party...LucyMae got to go REAL swimming for her first time. She LOVED it - for a little bit! And we went on an awesome hike up to Red Pine Lakes in Little Cottonwood Canyon. LucyMae was such a good girl on the hike. I really think she loves the outdoors already, if that is possible. We really try to pack in all the fun we can on Sam's weeks off. Did we do a good job?

She's a water-lover already

Lower Red Pine lake...so gorgeous and green up there

Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks?
This hat is great for hikes!


When Sam finally had to go back to work, I got to drive up to Rexburg for my dear friend, Ashleigh Wood's, wedding to Bobby Bassett. My sisters Rennie and Aubrey came with me, thank heavens. We had to leave at about 6:00 in the morning to make it to the ceremony on time. I was very grateful for the driving help, esp. with a baby in the car. The ceremony was simply amazing, and Ashleigh was gorgeous, as you can see. My sisters and I had a great time attending the luncheoun, chilling in between things, and going to the reception that night. LucyMae was winning everyone over the whole day with her big cheeks and adorable smile.

The new couple - Bobby and Ashleigh Bassett

Ash is the reason I tele ski, asked Sam out, road-bike,
and many other things! Love ya Ash!

How do you not just fall in love with that?

The ladies...what amazing friends I have..and Ash has!

I have also done some fun play-dates with some girls in my ward (Christy Wilson and Melissa Larsen) - if you can call them play-dates when the oldest kid is 18 months. Basically we just like to go swimming in Christy's parents pool. The kids love it too! LucyMae loves the water more and more every time we go.

We have enjoyed the winding down of summer by relaxing at home a little bit more and just enjoying this sweet little girl that we have been blessed with. I could seriously just eat her up, she is so cute. I am doing my best to enjoy all the little moments and short phases. Time goes by so fast, and one day I am wondering when she will ever laugh out loud, and the next I am just relishing in the sound of her adorable laugh! She is out-growing clothes like crazy...so I try to take pictures often. I just don't want to look back and wish that I had enjoyed this or that more...no regrets!

Enjoy the slide-show too!

She loves the kiddie pool

Her legs are getting so strong...and don't you love that outfit?

Aaawwww!

Bonfire up Millcreek Canyon...the cousins - LucyMae and Clark!

Life just doesn't get any sweeter!...does it?

5 comments:

Jill J said...

Wow, Chels! Looks like you and your cute family are having so much fun. PS I love the Red Pine lakes...jealous. When do you move?

brittanimae said...

Super-cute Chels! That babe of yours is too much. Don't ever let me visit because I will devour her. Nom-nom-nom. I like the shot of Emerson's bum rofl. Thanks again for a grrrreat family reunion!

Robyn said...

I need to copy and paste my comments from all your other posts. I LOVE your blog. You are super hot. Your baby is to die for adorable. Your family trip looks awesome. (Love my adjectives?) Did I see you in the Tab Choir on Sunday? Man, you are one go-getter Chels. I love you!

eyre blog said...

you guys rule and that's all there is to it.

Reeses Pieces said...

Holy cow, and I thought I had a busy summer. From what I hear, you're the one who planned the Yellowstone trip right? It looks like you did a great job. I love the big family picture.