September was a rather adventurous month for us and LucyMae. On Sam's weeks on at work, LucyMae and I just hang out around here....our day usually consists of feeding LucyMae every couple hours, going for a run/walk in the morning, 2 or 3 naps of 1-2 hours for LucyMae, doing my daily cleaning job, running any errands that need to be run, paying bills, getting dinner ready, and anxiously awaiting Daddy's (Sam) return home. Sounds adventurous eh? It is amazing how slow...and fast...the days go by. I have started teaching a few of my old students again, until we move in January. It is actually really nice to do something each week other than take care of LucyMae, even if it is just a few hours. It makes me feel like I still have a profession.
I also get to do fun things like...go to breakfast with some of my dearest friends and their kids....Happy Birthday Andrea! And I get to play all day with the most adorable little girl in the world! We've also made it to a couple UofU football games this season so far. GO UTES! Still undefeated.
On Sam's weeks off, we have managed to squeeze in quite a bit of fun so far. We are really trying to live it up before Sam starts school...and what better way to do it than when he has every other week OFF of work, without losing any pay? So, we took advantage of the opportunity to make another trip to San Francisco to visit with my cousin Ben, and his wife Ashley and their kids. Sadly, we didn't get any pictures with them...but we did get a lot of other great pictures. We made the trip with Sam's brother Andy, and his wife Amy. We had a GREAT time with them. They are great traveling buddies...easy...you know! So, Amy's parents let us borrow their suburban for the trip...and it was a good thing, because we barely fit in that as it was...packing with a baby is not so light...! And we were able to be relatively comfortable. LucyMae did really well on the way there because we drove through the night and she just slept most of the way. And she was really great while we were there, roaming around San Fran all day...what a little trooper.
There were 2 new COOL things that we did in San Fran that I had never done before. 1) We went to a Giants game in the most amazing ball-park....some home-runs actually land in the bay! 2) We visited the Exploratorium...for FREE!!! Some lady saw us checking it out, and just handed us 2 free tickets. We also got to spend plenty of time just hanging out at my cousin's house, playing tennis and basketball, swimming and relaxing!
And the Giants even pulled off an amazing win!
(luckily we didn't see anyone jump this time)
LucyMae had fun staying warm inside Daddy's coat!
On our way home from San Francisco we stopped off at the Vacaville outlets and did a little shopping. We found this adorable dress at the Gap and just couldn't resist. You have to admit...she does look good in green.
I am also enjoying my calling as the 2nd counselor of the Young Women's Presidency. Although there are only 4 girls in our ward right now, we meet with 2 other wards, as a tri-ward, for activities during the week. I was in charge of the Personal Progress lesson/activity one Wednesday night, so we played charades with toilet paper props. Each team chose a story from the scriptures in which "Good Works" were demonstrated. The 1st one was the story of Joseph and the coat of many colors, the 2nd was the story of Abinadi, and the 3rd was baby Moses being floated down the river to escape death....they did a great job and had a lot of fun. We got some great laughs!
Sam also got some cheap tickets to the circus through his work. We were both really excited to go because neither of us had ever been to the cirus. It was pretty awesome...although we could have had better seats. I think it is pretty amazing how limber those elephants are...I just always imagined that if an elephant fell it wouldnt' be able to get up....just kidding. But seriously...they are LIMBER! And the tigers were pretty dang cool too.....as was everything else!
We wound up the month with an awesome weekend up at Sam's cabin with some of our dearest friends. I wasn't very good at using the camera up there, so I didn't get very many pictures...but Andrea did....I NEED COPIES!!! We had a great time just hanging out and chatting, riding horses, playing all sorts of yard games, fishing, and eating! Andrea and Abe Denzer, Laura and Brad Ball, and Julie and Jared Bristow all came up....and good thing there are plenty of rooms at the cabin, because we also got to share with a couple of construction workers who were working on the addition Sam's grandparents are building for themselves. The weather was PERFECT for us, and the leaves were just starting to change...I am a little mad at myself for not being more picture-happy while we were there.
I started realizing how much I am going to miss this place...UTAH...when we move to South Dakota in January. It is supposed to be absolutely beautiful there too, but these are MY mountains. Whenever I fly into Salt Lake City and get a view of my mountains my heart starts pounding and I know I am home. I must say I wouldn't be disappointed if we end up here in the long run! But I am so excited for the adventure we get to embark on as our own little family in just a few months. Here we come South Dakota...Rapid City is supposed to be freezing!
6 comments:
Chelsi Your family is darling! Congrats on school and SD! How exciting,I love a good adventure. I found you through Britni's Blog.Lucy Mae is so sweet!
Emily
Cute, cute, cute! I would have to agree...Lucy Mae is for sure the most darling litte girl ever! Let's hook Landon & LM up wen they're both 21. It's a good match! :) Sounds like you had a fun September! I just love you & wish we were closer!!
You get an A+ on this post, Chels, and so does LucyMae. She's so pretty! What am I going to do when you move? What will my Lucy do? Yes, I will share some pictures with you, and thanks again for the amazing weekend! Love you guys!
Chels! Super cute post--Sera has a dress almost just like that green one and she's cute in green too--I hope we can take pictures of both of them together before they get too big! We sure miss you--I can't wait til you're (a little) closer!
I love San Francisco. It's definitely one of my favorite cities to visit. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love LucyMae's bow, did you make it?
What a fun blog, and such great pictures too! LucyMae is so adorable! I still need to see her in person, maybe during the holidays. :)
Post a Comment