Thursday, January 1, 2015

August 2014 Bear Lake

 Sam was supposed to fly in late on Friday, Aug. 1st, and Aubrey was going to drive him up to Bear Lake that night. But his flight was delayed, so he didn't end up getting to Bear Lake until Saturday around noon. Thanks to Aubrey and Howie for waiting for him! And thanks to Scott for filling in as their tube buddy:)




Aunt Rennie and Uncle Scott taking care of the nieces and nephews.

 


James had to have a try too:) Isn't that blue just amazing? I'm in awe every time I see it!


LucyMae and Clark had such a great time together this whole trip....but they loved the Cosmic Orbiter:)
And Rennie and I wanted to give it a go for old time's sake....we were both feeling a little sick after a few times. I didn't get nauseous...I just couldn't handle the blood rushing in and out of my head that fast....

LucyMae was our photographer....she did pretty good eh?

Clark is such a stud!
Oh cousins....Why can't these cute cousins live closer to each other....it would be too much fun I think....someday....:( I love this series of pictures and how it captured each of them.









We were so sad they Cundicks had to leave Friday evening:( But we chippered up and went to the Friday night Strawberry Days' Rodeo. Such a small-town rodeo...but so fun since we hadn't taken the kids to a rodeo since Rapid City.

And they even got to go down in the arena for some kid's activities....I love what good friends my kids are and how much they love each other and watch out for each other.



I had to go down there with them, and James was NOT a fan of that!



It felt super good to get on the lake again...but I was a little bummed I never got any amazing glass. I got some decent water, but not any great pictures:(
And these kids loved swimming with uncle Scott. At one point Scott pretended to be falling off the tube when Ben was on there with him, just hanging out. Scott was saying "help me Ben"....and Ben really thought he was going to die...and he actually jumped right off the tube after Scott to save him. I love moments like that where we get a real peak at our kids' true character. Ben's a good egg!
Surfing behind the boat was super fun when the water wasn't good for skiing...Love this awesome boat my mom and Don got.

And then daddy arrived!!!!! I didn't capture on camera the joy and thrill of the kids...but he didn't waste any time to get out there and show them how to have fun! Love this man and his smile and can't-get-me-down attitude




Always making us all laugh too....he is a good influence on my whole family:)

This one was all tuckered out....I have such fond memories as a kid of sleeping in the warm sun on a boat with the noise of the engine and the rocking of the boat.
Showing off....
And I felt completely handicapped when I tried this the first few times....I thought I would definitely be goofy foot surfing, just like skiing. But....this did NOT feel right. So, I finally tried it the other way, and it felt much more natural....but I am not a natural surfer for sure. I would have to do that MANY more times to get any good at it.



Love this little monkey! Take note of that mole on my ankle....that will come up in a later post....

Finally time on the tube with daddy! Just what they really wanted, although you wouldn't know it by their faces...




Bye bye Grandma Michelle and Grandpa Don. Thanks for all the fun! Now we're off to the horsey cabin!

No comments: