I don't think there's a lot to write about in July...:) It's pretty much a blur as far as details go...but maybe if I look back at my calendar it will help....
I do remember that Sam went back to work on Monday after James was born. We did okay that day. And then he went to work again on Tuesday morning...until I called him at about lunch time bawling. I was just a wreck trying to take care of the kids and give my new baby the attention he needed....I wasn't emotionally stable yet. So Sam came home early and then stayed home with me on Wednesday too. And then it was the 4th of July and he took the 5th off too. So, thanks to Sam we survived until Grandma Clair got here on Saturday, July 6.
And then she kept us all as happy as could be for a solid week:)
Look at that curl! and that jaundice....it was SO hot outside that I couldn't keep him in the sun for too long or both he and I would get heat stroke! We did the best we could and eventually got his bilirubin down.
And LucyMae is SUCH a good big sister! It's amazing how much more helpful a 5-year-old is than a 2-year-old (which is how old she was when Ben was born!)
See how nasty, sweaty, sticky those kids are? That's just what happens when you go outside in the summer here! Ice-cream is the only remedy!
ok - now it is coming back to me.....
4th of July! It was AMAZING! Philadelphia and suburbs know how to do fireworks! We saw 3 fireworks show over the holiday weekend - just local ones - but they were 10 times better than any fireworks shows I've ever seen before. And the kids LOVED them. They did of course love playing with some fireworks too:)
4th of July fun in the back-yard! We LOVE having this amazing backyard while we are here:)
An interesting version of "pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey"....the things that entertain these kids....
He's a thumb-sucker! It's soooo cute - but not a habit I want to cultivate...so take a few pictures and then take it out!
Grandma Clair was the amazing grandma that she always is....tea-parties, amazing dinner every night, home-made pop-sicles, trips to the park, hanging out in the backyard, you name it - she did it!
This
And she sent us out on a date. We went to a Phillies game! It was super fun, super hot, they WON!, and then there were the MOST amazing fireworks we've ever seen afterward. I kept James' ears covered up, but it was really loud. I hope he doesn't have hearing problems in the future....
And then the dreaded day when she would have to go home came:( Look at that - aren't those kids adorable!? I can't believe we are family of 6 now! We dropped Grandma Clair off at the airport amidst teary goodbyes and profuse thanks and then we were on our own....
The elementary school is right across the street from our house. We love going over there to ride bikes and play on the playground....and see baby birds that fell out of their tree and can't fly yet. The kids loved this!
And THEN - on July 23rd I got to fly to Utah with just my baby for my sister Serenity's wedding! We had so much fun having a sibling and mom night up in Park City the night and day before her wedding. But I failed to get any pictures of it...these are stolen from my mom:)
We went shopping at the outlets, hung out at the pool, Howie practiced his lines as "Wesley" from "The Princess Bride", we ate breakfast at Kneaders and got mani/pedis for Rennie's wedding. It was a great time!
And then the wedding dinner was upon us - so good to see family and friends that I haven't seen for so long!...but I didn't get pics again...it's hard to take pictures when you have a newborn in your arms all the time...
And then the wedding day! It was a beautiful ceremony that I was able to attend thanks to Sam's sisters Bonnie and Hannah who came to the temple to hold James while I was in the temple. SUCH AWESOME AUNTS! And it was fun to see them and everyone else at the temple! Love this cute little Ana:)
I will never forgive Rennie for getting married 3 weeks after I had a baby - look at that leftover baby weight! Documented forever in pictures that will not be lost in the files of pictures....DANG YOU RENNIE!!!! Sure do miss my old roomies - Ashleigh Wood and Christy Carruth!
So happy for these guys....glad all their dating drama is over now and they can get on with the business of being married and figuring out real life;)
This is actually the last time I got to see my grandma Ruthie. She actually passed away in October (I'm writing this in Feb. 2014;)). I am so glad I got to see her, hug her, and get this picture of James with his great grandma! This day was actually the anniversary of her wedding as well! Special day in so many ways!
And I made a quick visit to see my friend Laura and her new baby before the reception (thanks to Aubrey for being my chauffer and buddy:).
And then a QUICK trip to Bear Lake for 18 hours basically. It was so great to get out on the boat and feel the wind in my hair and sun on my face and not have it be humid! I got to ski on crappy water (I think - did I ski? I'm not really remembering now...) And then we went to Logan for Emerson's baptism. So fun to spend all that time with family! Then Aubrey took me back down to SLC to sleep at Tenille's and then took me to the airport bright and early Sunday morning. I was kind of excited to get back to my family though....missed Sam and those kiddos.
Fun at the park after I got back....
And a fun Suzuki event at the Mann Center. Suzuki kids had a play-in for 45 minutes and then we got to watch a free concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra. It was wonderful....especially the part where I sat on the stage with a baby in a sling next to my daughter who refused to stand up and play a single note for the entire concert....oh what have we done to this girl? This move was really hard on her....but she is making slow progress....hopefully it will be better next year. Sam has pictures of us on stage on his phone....I'll have to get those from him...
And that was our July .....fun and crazy and hot and humid! Looking forward to a less humid month....






1 comment:
I'm slow catching up too! Love this post and all your pictures. Those kids are so cute and I sure loved cuddling that cute little James in July!
Post a Comment