April was a fun and busy month in some ways, but mostly a month of wondering, worrying, and praying. With all the expense of moving and living in this new place, we didn't know how we were going to survive much longer here unless some things changed. So some pretty serious discussions about Sam's salary and the future of the company ensued at work, while some major job-searching was pursued from home. Sam ended up with several phone interviews with different companies, and then a flight to Utah for an official interview with one company....but for the time being things seem to be working out here in PA for another year at least.
So the first week of April was kind of fun for me because I got to rehearse and perform with one of the semi-professional orchestras in the area: the South-eastern Pennsylvania Symphony Orchestra. It was fun to play with a higher caliber of musicians again. And I really like that this group only rehearses the week of concerts. It makes for one busy week, but a much better rest of the month. So I had rehearsals M, Th, F and then a concert on Sat. night. Sam was a saint and took the kids to the church with him to play in the nursery while he attended the General Priesthood session on Sat. night, so I could do my concert. And good thing too, because they ended up sending me a $200 check in the mail (I wasn't sure if they were going to pay for this concert or not). And I really enjoyed having something to practice for and some fun music to play.
We also enjoyed listening to and watching General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints on Saturday and Sunday....well only on Saturday as a family. Sam had to fly to Utah early Sunday morning for his interview on Monday. He got to spend that Conference Sunday with his family in Orem:) And we spent the beautiful days that he was out of town enjoying our magnificent back-yard.
And I finally took some pictures of the house we get to live in right now. We are pretty lucky (and poor because of it:).
Spring is so beautiful out here....and lingers so much longer than in the west. It was delightful everywhere for weeks and weeks.
We made a fun sign for dad to come home to since he wasn't getting home until way after the kids were in bed.
Samantha finished out her swimming lessons and was super cute....I can't believe how gorgeous this little girl is...
And she knows it....? Can't you just see her batting her eyes at the boys as a teenager?
We finally made a trip to the DC temple. My cousin Eli and his wife, Julie, were generous and awesome enough to watch our kids for us while we did a session together. It was delightful. They even have their own baby girl to take care of, and a life I am sure:). They met us at the temple and just hung out on the temple grounds with the kids. Then we all went to the free National Zoo. It was a great day (other than all the driving....can't wait to live truly near a temple again someday). And the picture we took in front of the temple must be on Sam's phone because I don't have it here and I KNOW we took one.
These 2 really love each other....it's pretty cute to see my girls have a brother so close in age...one of those things I felt a little cheated on in childhood.
One of the many trees covered with blossoms in our yard and neighborhood. There were pockets that we would drive through that seriously felt like we were in fairytale land. The east coast certainly has amazing springs.
And we have enjoyed a lot of family swim-time at the YMCA. It is SO nice to have all 3 children capable and independent in the pool (with life-jackets). Why are we going back to baby-land? Oh yea....babies are cute too...but so NOT independent!
And one of my favorite days was taking LucyMae to a Suzuki Enrichment Day. She didn't participate as fully in all of her classes as I would have liked her to, but she did do a lot more than I had thought she would. All-in-all I was proud of her for doing what she did. I just hope she continues to progress out of her EXTREME shyness. We were making so much progress before we moved, and it's been hard to start over. And progress feels slower this time...but it's there.
Isn't she such an adorable girl? I didn't get any pictures of her playing her violin at the event because she WOULDN'T. That was entirely too much pressure for her....so we mostly just got a lot of fun participation in theory/movement/fun classes.
And I am super sad that we missed our opportunity to capture with a picture our family's participation in the Park clean-up day that our stake participated in. We all had yellow "helping-hands" vests on and helped pick up insane amounts of garbage at a state park near here. Our kids did a great job and I WISH we had captured that moment with a picture, dang it!
I also got to play with another orchestra at the end of the month. The Bucks County Symphony was performing Holst's Planets and the Bruch Violin Concerto with a great soloist. I didn't want to miss that opportunity to play. Although a less professional group than SPSO, it was higher caliber group than I've been able to play with while in South Dakota. Although I didn't get paid for that one, it was fun and they had me sit as asst. concertmaster. And Sam got to attend with both of the girls, who LOVED it! I think they loved the fancy dress of the violin soloist more than the music though....? They need cellos too, so Sam might take turns playing their concerts next season. So nice to have so many musical opportunities available. And there have been many more, but we can't do everything.
We also got LucyMae registered for kindergarten this month. I sure hope she is going to be ready....in the actually going, and overcoming her shyness sense. We are well on the way to having her reading really well (using the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons book). She will be fine in all those "readiness" aspects....it's the shyness....she can do it right? And there's the problem of how llllooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg it takes her to get ready in the morning. She is going to be late every day if something doesn't change. And we live right across the street from the school.....we have a lot of work to do.
And the pregnancy continues.....and it is by far the most uncomfortable pregnancy I have had so far. The baby is LOW and my legs and hips and body just hurt. And my right calf is littered with varicose veins (so lovely). And I am just so ready to be done....it will end right?
That's our April in a nut-shell. Oh....and Sam was released as assistant scout-master and called as the Young Men's president:) And I am still without a calling:):) and enjoying it, but thinking I might have to ask for one after this baby comes if they don't give me one.
2 comments:
Your house looks amazing! The kids are all gorgeous! So glad you keep up with your blog so I can keep up with you. Love ya. And happy birthday!!!
So fun to see you having so much fun! Will we see you at the wedding?
Post a Comment