Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 2012

August is always such a fun month with a sense of urgency to our fun....school is starting soon, warm weather is drawing to an end, and crazy schedules of swimming lessons, Suzuki classes, symphony rehearsals and concerts galore are about to take over our lives. We certainly tried to live it up this month. And high on our priority list while there is good weather is climbing....we don't always get pictures, but we did make it out plenty of times:)
August also means Black Hills String Retreat. I get to teach a couple classes at it each year. And this year LucyMae was able to attend the Day Camp for Suzuki kiddos. It's a good thing she got to attend for free since she refused to participate in any of her actual VIOLIN classes until the last day. She had a great time in her activities class each day though. And while I do think it was worth it, it sure was a lot of work and headache with 3 kids ages 4, 2 and 1....LucyMae did get up in the final concert and play some of the Twinkles with everyone. But she wouldn't let me leave her side....I HAD to be touching her.



We also hiked Harney Peak again as a family. We did it a couple years ago, but never made it up last year. So we were determined to do it this year. The weather was perfect for us. And LucyMae made it entirely by herself. She is an amazing little trooper.
More awesome rock-climbing.....



This little man is such a hoot and such a joy. At times I can foresee his quiet, calming influence in our family....but man, other times his tantrums are anything but quiet and calm....




Ben is just so much fun! I love how much joy and delight he finds in horses and swings and just simply being outside!
This little lady is one mischievous moment after another....she does love lotion....and she loves sharing.....
Not so sure Ben loves lotion shared on his face though.....
We made it to the tri-states fair. I can't believe how much Ben loves animals. Maybe he'll be the vet or the farmer or the rancher....
The rideable elephant was hit....but also very expensive. Our kids chose to save their money for other rides. But we sure did stand around and look at these elephants for a bit....








The Outdoor Campus, which is a 5 minute walk from our house, hosts some great family and childrens' events and classes and they are all free. We try to take advantage as much as we can. This was an awesome day with all sorts of activities available....















And just simply hanging out in the front yard with the neighbors.....ahhhh, summer! How we miss you already. We have adored living next door to a family with 2 little ones about the same age as ours. They are such a riot to watch.....it brings back all my great memories of being 4 and being outside all day with my next-door neighbor pretending and imagining everything under the sun. I am seriously in love with age 4!....always have been.

Thank you August for your warm summer temperatures and long days and pleasant, relaxing evenings. We enjoyed you thoroughly and look forward to greeting you again next year.

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

I'm way behind on blogging-I do look at the pics but I don't always have the time to comment. Looks like you all are doing great and keeping busy. Maybe we'll see you over the Holidays!