We went camping and hiking with some friends from our ward. I, of course, neglected to get a picture of the whole group, but here are some little shots of us:
the waterfall destination of our hike.
Peach cobbler, campfires and LucyMae being a cutie walking around the campground. She was just barely potty-trained when we went camping, and man, you should have heard her screaming when we tried to take her potty in the out-house! She would have NONE of that! So Sam got to teach her about peeing in the grass...not as easy for girls, but still just as exciting to discover!
June also included A LOT of rain around here. We enjoyed watching the storms and the beautiful clouds. There were several tornado warnings within 50 miles of us, but luckily nothing to affect us. And we have been glad we have a garage...cars with hail damage are not uncommon here.
We were lucky to get some visitors early in the month too! My sister and her family got to stop off here on their trip to Disneyland for a few days. Poor LucyMae had hand-foot-and-mouth disease when they stopped here on their way. But luckily she was better by the time they were headed home. And then poor Theo had a stomach-bug. But we still managed to have a good time, and sure enjoyed watching LucyMae interact with her cute cousins. We spent a little time at Storybook Island, ate some yummy food, and just hung-out and chatted.
Rapid City has some great family activities and attractions, especially in the summer. This is the library summer reading kick-off party. We got free admittance to the local art museum and got to enjoy lots of kids activities on the street between the library and museum.
June was also a time of some sad good-byes. Many of the closest friends we've made here have ended up moving before us...I thought we would be the ones leaving and saying goodbye since we're only here for 2 years....but not the case. So, as we've said goodbye to friends we've hosted some fun little potlucks at our house. This was to say goodbye to the Howards who were off to residency.
And here is just yet another example of the awesome weather that dominated the month of June here:)
Not the most exciting month, or blog post for that matter, but I have gotten so behind...I'm just trying to catch up. The next few blog posts (which I am almost done with) will be much more exciting, I assure you!
1 comment:
Guys........ so much has happened!! LucyMae looks so different! First, congrats on baby #3! Wow! Welcome to the club :) I can't believe you'll be leaving Rapid in a few months. All your pictures of the black hills and your outings totally make me miss it there. You will be missed. I love all your cowboy pictures and the bear lake picture are gorgeous! Anyway, I'm like you and have months of blogging to catch up on. Ick. We miss you guys, and thanks for the great updates!
Post a Comment