I am just so grateful that all of us are okay right now. We were just driving home from a friends house after a New Year's Eve party and got in a terrible accident. Our car is totaled (kind of ironic that we just sold our other car eh?) but we are all fine. We had some bloody noses and some scrapes and bruises, but we are all intact. I count it as an amazing miracle and blessing. We were so watched over. LucyMae was rudely awoken by the crash and started screaming, but she is totally fine!
We were headed North on Wasatch between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, and a big FJ Cruiser swerved to miss an animal in the road and hit the car in front of us head-on. They spun, and then we hit them. Sam had time to hit his brakes pretty hard though, so by the time the FJ Cruiser hit us we weren't going as fast...but still fast enough to total our car. We were driving our Rodeo. The back window exploded and there was glass everywhere but somehow none of it hit LucyMae or us.
I called my wonderful sister, Serenity, to come pick us up...so now I am home with LucyMae sleeping peacefully in her bed while I wait for Sam to get back (his brother is picking him up) after taking care of all the paper work and cleaning our car out and everything. I am overcome with gratitude for my family right now!!
As we prepare for this big move I have been telling myself that I didn't want to get too stressed or anxious about anything and end up with regrets. I just wanted to have a good attitude through it all and enjoy the time we have to spend with people these last few days....but NOW.....I think I am going to let myself get a little stressed about this one, and I don't think I will regret it too much. WE DON'T HAVE A CAR ANYMORE AND WE ARE MOVING IN 5 DAYS!!!! Well, we have been watched over and blessed so much already, I won't let myself complain too much. Somehow this has got to be a blessing in disguise.
As for the other people in the accident - the woman driving the FJ Cruiser is of course fine. The little car in front of us was definitely the worst. The passenger was injured, but out of the car, walking around and coherent. The driver of the little car was alert and breathing, but his legs were pinned in under the steering wheel. They had to remove the whole top of the car to get him out and then was rushed to the hospital. I have no idea who any of them were, but I just pray that they are all okay. What an awful way to start the new year.
So, at the beginning of this New Year BE GRATEFUL for your life, health, family, and blessings. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
12 comments:
Hey Chels! I"M SO GLAD YOU'RE OK!! That is such a scary story. You are definitely being watched over. That has got to be the scariest feeling. Just know we're thinking about you and praying for you as you get ready to move with no car! I"m sure Heavenly Father will look over you and all will work it's way out...but that doesn't mean it won't be a little stressful. Good luck! That little LucyMae is so darn cute and growing up so fast!! Miss and love you guys.
Holy cow Chels--I'm so thankful you are all okay too. Good luck, and way to look on the bright side. I hope everything works out with the move.
Yikes!! What a blessing that you are all just fine! I'm sure everything will work out for your move too. I just talked to Brandon about it, and we would like you to feel free to borrow his car while you finish getting ready to move! Just facebook us if you are interested!!
scary, I am glad you are alive too!
Oh Chelsia, that is so hard! I ran into a ditch on our way to Idaho to go skiing, but we were very blessed with no damage, especially since I was driving my parents car. I hope it all works out, somehow this will be for the best right?
Holy coincidence! I cannot believe that this is the same accident my roommate stopped and helped with! She came home with blood on her from helping the boy pinned is his car. She said the other car was a couple and a baby...CRAZY! I am SO glad you're safe!
Holy cow, I'm so glad you're all okay. I wish I would have heard sooner. I'll defintiely keep you in my thoughts.
Wow, I'm so glad that you are all OK, what a blessing.
Zachary is my boy who was pinned in the small car that night. My family and I would like to express our love and appreciation to all those who assisted in saving our boy’s life that awful night. He struggled to hang on to his life many hours after the accident as the trauma surgeons frantically but meticulously performed surgery to stop the internal bleeding and damaged organs. We have experienced many miracles during this tragic ordeal as we stand helplessly on the sidelines watching our boy’s progress. We contribute these miracles to the many prayers and fasting on his behalf.
We were also grateful to hear that all the others involved in the accident were not seriously injured especially the Evans family. I appreciate Sam speaking with me over the phone the other day, helping me understand some of the details of the incident, and sharing their experience through their family’s blog. I did notice a comment posted by “Nannon” who stated her roommate stopped and helped my son while pinned in the car. I would love to speak with this person and express my appreciation.
We have created a blog as well for those who would be interested in following Zach’s progress. You are more than welcome to visit the site at http://zachbrimhall.blogspot.com .
Best wishes to the Evans Family as they embark on a new life away from their home and family in Utah.
Chels that's horrible! We too were in an accident a couple of years ago and it definatley gives you a lot to be grateful for. Of course, there will be moments when you wonder why you, and you want to complain and get stressed out, you're normal. Sorry it happened so close to your move. I'm glad all is well and that little Lucy wasn't harmed. Let us know when you get settled in, in South Dakota. We're planning on taking our Summer trip there this year.
Eyre,
Holy Crap! I just found you from Kim Kruchek. I am so glad you are ok. Your little girl is absolutely darling! I can't wait to see her. How the heck are you??? I miss you like crazy.. Princer's....
Chelsea, wow-glad to hear you are okay from that aweful wreck! Sounds like you are doing great in South Dakota-I will miss playing in the quartet with you guys! That 1 gig at Red Butte Gardens was so awesome! Thanks for the invite to the blog-do you have an invite already to my blog? If not, let me know!
Post a Comment