Friday, August 24, 2007

Are you all happy now?


So this is my first blog, thanks to all the pressure the girls put on at Bev's the other night. Right now I don't have much to say other than that school started on Monday! So, we are back in the full swing of crazy busy lives now! Sam and I hardly ever see each other anymore because our schedules are totally different. But I only have one more year of this graduate degree and I will have my Master's. Sam also graduates in the Spring, and will be applying for graduate programs in Biomedical Engineering.......we'll see where we end up eh?

I am still teaching violin/viola lessons and loving it! I have 25 students right now, but would like to get up to 30 before I draw a cap on my studio. Sam is looking for a job at a vet clinic so he can get some experience (he wants to go to vet school after Biomedical engineering). But in the meantime he is still painting for our land-lady, Joyce, as much as he can.

We had an AWESOME summer! We played a lot, worked a little and were hardly ever home. We went to San Francisco in May with Laura & Brad and Julie & Jared, and then straight to Cincinnati to visit my sister's family. We also went 4-wheeling down at the Dunes and spent some time at Sam's cabin in May. In June Sam took a Scuba certification class, that we have yet to make good use of. I already have my certification, so now we have an excuse to take an exotic trip! I did Suzuki teacher training classes for a week and a half in June as well. And then in July the party began. We spent the 4th of July weekend up at Sam's cabin and went to the Oakley Rodeo. We went to Bear Lake with my family and had a huge Eyre family reunion in Logan. My sister and I did a 4 day summer fiddle camp with our violin students. We went to Bear Lake again with cousins. I finally met Sam's brother Joe, who just got home from his mission. We went to Sam's cabin again. We hiked King's Peak.....which is a story in and of itself for another day. We took an anniversary trip up to Montana and West Yellowstone. We were supposed to go on a back-packing trip with Sam's family in the rainforest in Washington, but it fell through. So Sam and I went back-packing in the Grand-daddy basin in the Uintas. Then we went to his cabin again! I have done more horse-back riding this summer than water-skiing which is unusual for me. And then we went to Bear Lake again with Andrea & Abe, Laura & Brad, Julie & Jared.

Needless to say, we had fun. Although it was time to settle down for school again, it is hard to stop playing. But we have a trip to New York in October to look forward to, so I am OK!!!

I will try to figure out how to put pictures on here for you all to see. And I expect some major congratulations for breaking down and actually doing a Blog. I can't promise that it will stay too updated with school so crazy right now, but I will do my best!










12 comments:

Robyn said...

Thanks Chels! You guys are too cute. And you look good with kids! Even when you get busy, PLEASE take 10 minutes every now and then to keep us updated.

Lanes said...

I love it Chelia! It is so fun to get an update on you guys and to see you and your hubby together! I still haven't met him!
Keep it up!

Matt said...

Work it girl! Thanks for joining the blogging community! You won't regret it, I promise! I can't believe how much fun you guys had this summer...loved the pictures of all your adventures! Love ya!

eyre blog said...

Wahoo!!! We can't WAIT for yalls visit. We are preparing this city for you. This town has no idea what is about to hit. You guys are awesome. we'll pack in some great NYC stuff while you're here.

atec said...

Congratulations dear...you've done a great job, we like it!

katherine said...

welcome to the world of blogging! you will love it!

Christy said...

I love it - nice work!!! You two have so much fun together - can I join you on your next adventure please?!!!

Christy said...

I love it - nice work!!! You two have so much fun together - can I join you on your next adventure please?!!!

Shawni said...

Great job, Chels! I love it. I love to see what's going on for you two. It was so fun to see you this summer. You guys are so great. Sure love you. Love, Shawni

eyre blog said...

YES, YES. We are all THRILLED! You rock the blog world. Noah commented earlier so I thought I get a turn too. We love you guys.

Heidi said...

we are glad we found you.

*Leslie* said...

Blogging is so fun, it is so fun to share what you are up to and see everyone else too. Cute pictures!!!